With New Year’s right around the corner, we see the gyms starting to fill up and the resolutions pour in with people who are ready to work off their holiday meals and get in shape, this time for good. However, many people will abandon their resolutions before February simply because they aren’t motivated enough by their workout regime to continue. That’s where belly dancing is different. With the right belly dancing outfits and the perfect routine, you’ll be dancing your way to a new you, regardless of whether you have been technically trained or have never tried it before.
Your core powers your entire body. Because belly dancing is an extensive core workout, dedicated practice could give you the full-body tone you’ve been searching for. Start simple with this 10-minute workout, concentrating on engaging your core throughout each movement.
90 Seconds: Rib Slides
- Place feet together, keeping knees slightly bent. Place your hands on your hips and move your ribs from the left, through the center and to the right in gentle, fluid motions.
90 Seconds: Hip Circles
- Pretend you are hula hooping! Stand with your feet at hip-width, keeping your arms raised above your waist. Move hips to the right and make a full circle. Switch directions.
90 Seconds: Figure 8s
- Keep your feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, with your hips in front of you and to the right. Gradually move back and to the left, up to the left, and back to the right, imagining that you are drawing an 8 with your hips.
90 Seconds: Camels
- Start with feet together and arms at your sides. Extend your chest forward, keeping your hips back while arching your spine. Retract chest and extend hips forward, making sure to keep the pelvis tucked under you. Envision creating a waving S with your torso.
90 Seconds: Belly Roll
- This is the trademark belly dancing move. Bring arms behind you and stand on your left foot while bringing your right heel up. Expand ribcage while inhaling and keeping lower abs engaged. Gradually switch, expanding lower abs and engaging upper abs.
The right belly dancing outfit will make you feel like a pro, so see our collection today!